'Simulated Environments' Proposal

 I'll admit that the main factor in deciding what to do for the first project was me wanting to work with animation, which is a newer medium for me, on my new iPad. When I was brainstorming ideas, I took note of the YouTube 'ambiance' playlists I often have in the background, and started to think about it in relation to Baudrillard's simulations. I'm interested in exploring these digital simulated spaces and how the visual (often a still scene with selected moving elements that loop, such as a fireplace, rain, or someone turning the pages of a book) and the audio affect the listener and how these videos are are commonly used. As someone who has strong emotional responses to environments or spaces (in my mind, remembering a place mostly involves what specific emotions it made me feel), I want to explore the very real responses to these simulations through some specific themes I've been thinking with in my work lately: daily rituals and awareness, comfort and the mundane, mental health and derealization, escapism and the surreal-ness of current day. 



Popular posts from this blog

Experimental Video

Introduction

Final Reflection